Upcoming Tests

Reminder

Pronunciation Chat Box

Friday, October 15, 2010

Week 7: Transcription Exercise 3: /ɔ/


Part 1

Sentences including /ɔ/


Carefully read the following sentences containing the open “o.” Make sure that you are not rounding your lips when you pronounce the words with highlighted letters


1. My boss ought to call her former employer.

2. I saw a very tall girl at the mall.

3. The audience in the auditorium caught up with Paul.

4. All that Maude said to man on the lawn was “no more.”

5. Eating raw fish is against the law.

6. The cord got cut by the shark’s jaw.

7. Calling Bob in Arkansas is not affordable for us.

8. Do you remember when chalk was used to write on the board?

9. My daughter wants to draw a picture of a base ball.


Part 2

Transcription Exercise



Now transcribe the following words including /ɔ/ and other vowel sounds that are included in the following sentences.


a. I always got bossed around by my siblings.

b. He seems to be an old man.

c. We have to study relative clauses in grammar.

d. I want to apply for that position.

e. He always prepares his own breakfast.

f. Once I stayed at a dirty, run-down hotel.

g. I like this because it’s cheap and useful.

h. Lobsters are not the same as crab fish.

i. The door remained open during the night.

j. Rick got an terrible ear infection.

k. Lynn called her mother last night.

l. How small is Costa Rica?

m. I worked as a sales manager.

n. The child needs more attention.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...